Thursday, July 29, 2010

Jack the Ripper strikes again

Funny? Not Funny? Definitely not funny...
My son, the last month, has taken on the persona of Jack the Ripper. (sorta). He will be sitting playing with something... stand up... walk over to some unsuspecting child and begin scratching their necks or strangling them. Isn't that sooo special.
It has happened at school and daycare. It's a completely unprevoked action. Don't get it.
I spoke with Ben's special ed teacher and she feels that this is a sensory seeking activity. Great...
The children already do look at him oddly.. (their 3). Parents always give me that extra special smile... so nice...let's see how long that lasts when their kids running screaming from mine.
Isn't it bad enough he has to be pretty non-verbal with the exception of noises. shake his hands, etc... babble.... but now they can have real reason to fear him. The child yesterday started yelling he's strangling me. LORD!!!! I need this to stop!!!!
The nightmare of your child being friendless, regardless of the fact he has no use for other children, and you know it's your own pipedream, that he'd want nothing to do with... and now another hurdle/obstacle/barrier/bitch....
The manager of the dadcare took ben to her office and sternly explained that this was not allowed. When I came to pick Ben up she started talking to him again. He turned to me and whispered( not so quietly) "spooky!". Yeah.... I can see it.
I tried denying his afternoon cookie for such poor behavior.. but the tears the cries....I suck!
Here's hoping today is a better day.
P.S - just got a call from Ben's school. He's now taken to escaping the booster seat on the school bus, and they'll be using a harness to restrain him.... goood times... good times.....

No comments:

Post a Comment