Tuesday, April 12, 2011

Giving Thanks

A lot of the blogs I read are written by religious women. I'm not, and it wasn't planned, it just happened. One of the blogs has weekly been giving thanks for things in her life. I decided, let me do the same. Think of 10 things that are good with my life, when so often I only see the dark side. 1. Ben's belly laughs - they're contagious 2. My mother - always on my side, and has learned when it's better to say nothing. 3. My own sense of humor - for some reason, I make myself laugh 4. Quit smoking - it's been three weeks, and I'm feeling pretty good about it 5. Fletcher - Our Golden Retriever. The village idiot, but still good for a laugh. 6. My job - How nice is it, to go to a job and not mind, even get some enjoyment out of it. 7. Spring - My commute to work is picturesque. Spring is utterly gorgous in my neck of the woods. 8. Ben's improvements - Ben is getting better at letting me know what it is he wants. He's even getting a sense of humor himself, and it's been great to be able to share it with him. 9. Food and Shelter - some take it for granted, others may say I've earned it. I don't want to take it for granted though. 10. Living in a country where I can feel safe. You look at the news, listen to the radio, and wonder how people live from one day to the next. We don't know how fortunate we are.

1 comment:

  1. So true! We don't realize how lucky we are! GOOD FOR YOU for quitting smoking! You can do it! I quit almost 10 years ago! Give yourself a pat on the back, well done! :) Heather

    ReplyDelete