Tuesday, June 21, 2011

can't comment

I haven't been able to comment on my blog, or anyone else's as well. Don't know if it's me, or if it's the site, but I tend to blame others so..... Damn this internet world.
I completed my 3 days of soli-medorol infusion. It's 1000 mg of steriod iv'd into you. This was done at home. Can you even believe it? A nurse came out to the house, put a port in my arm (which was FANTASTIC!) not one ounce of discomfort the whole time. He then taught Brent how to hook up the bags of IV and to flush the line 2x a day. Brent went at it like a pro. I can't believe it. I don't know if I would have been able to do it. I get all shaky etc.
I had no side effects with the exception of a bad taste when drinking liquids. We were able to go about our buisness all weekend long, and I even slept. I had read comments by others who had had the treatment and there were several bad experiences. I was prepared for the worst, but thankfully, didn't have it.
This morning I began a regimine of 20mg of prednisone for 90 days. This is alot, and due to my having active lesions. Why 1000 mg didn't effect me, but this pill has me doing jumping jacks I don't know. It's not too bad though. My doc said some people can tolerate it, others can't. If I find myself having a tough time, he'll take me off of it. I plan on giving 120% though.
That's me.
Then there's the real star of my show... Benjamin.
Ben's last day of school was yesterday. No more kindergarten..... whhaaahhh! Now I feel old. (Which I am!)
He'll go to day care, which I'm sure I've said in the past in nothing more then a holding pen for kids. Don't think he really gets very much out of it at all. There tends to be a turnover, and the help is not as trained as I would like. BUT..
Ben doesn't mind going. He does get out of the car happily which means the world to us. They do let him totally slack there, but summer is called vacation time.... right????
Ben will start his extended school year July 5th and take him throught the first week of August. Then it's just a few more weeks of slacking till we're right back in Sept again. Crazy how fast the time goes.
I've been seeing improvements in Ben daily. He has the best personallity. All of his aids at school and daycare tell me Ben's a favorite. When there's subs, or new people they gravitate to him. When he goes to his after school program the typical kids notice everything about him. And it's pretty much all postive. (At least that's what the steriods are telling me.... lol)
Thanks to all who sent well wishes. I can't tell you how much I appreciate it.
Any advise? Please feel free. I know we're all different... but... it helps!

1 comment:

  1. Happy to hear your treatment went well! :)

    Good news about Ben too! All the best! *HUGS* :) Heather

    ReplyDelete