Friday, August 26, 2011

Hurricanes.... phhttttt!

Live with a whirling dervish and you wonder what all the fuss is about? I have to say, I live in the Phila region, and the newscasters are constantly trying to get ratings with the weather. Last weekend ( I couldn't make this sh*t up) John Beloris, the ultimate ass is saying he's never seen anything like this on his radar, in all his years, blah blah blah. It consisted of a 2 hour thunderstorm. Nothing exciting, nothing momentous, just a thunderstorm.
Now this week... Irene. Which happens to be my mothers name, and yes... she can be quite..... welll, I'll leave that for another day.
Anyhoo... my husband and I are pretty much poo pooing it. You know this will be when we're swept away, or all of our 6 trees come tumbling down. We thought about going to the supermarket, but if we lose power, why would we want to have stocked up on food? boring! at least that's the hope.
Yesterday was my birthday. Don't you wish at least once a week you could go back to when you were 6 and just do it all over. That makes me sound unhappy, which I'm not. But... there are the few things I would change.
I turned 44. Where the hell did the time go. When I think about being a teenage (which I'd like to think I still act like) we're talking 26 years ago I was 18. DAMN!!!! Yesterday at work, I slipped on a step. I didn't fall, but I scraped my ankle on the step, and bruised my arm where I caught myself. To top that off, I kid you not, but I was a little stiff. FROM SLIPPING ON A STEP. If my birthday didn't make me feel old, that sure did!!!

School starts in one week. I think we're all ready to get back into the swing of things. I know I've voiced my dissatisfaction with Ben's day care. I guess when you're son is in a class of 5 with 4 aides and a teacher, there's little out there that compares. Here's to this being Ben's break out year. I think he's going to have one. maybe not this year, but I do know they'll come the time when he's verbal. He's physically able to say and do everything, and when he's engaged, or he wants something, the words and ideas flow free. He's impressive. I just know they'll come the day when he sees the reward for communication. To say the words, Ben! please be quiet! Oh, how I long for that! And I say that figuring one day, I'll say be careful for what you wish for!

Well, to all those on the East Coast.... Hold on tight.... We may be in for a wild ride..... And if so, can I stay at your house, because I didn't prepare in the slightest...lol

2 comments:

  1. Haha. Your little guy is adorable. He doesn't look like a hurricane! ;)

    I understand. My son (autistic) just turned 30! (Let me clarify that I had him when I was 17.) I went into a great depression on his birthday. It was worse than when I turned 30, for sure!

    I live out west and have never experienced a hurricane. Hold on tight. I will hope for the best.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Belated Happy Birthday! Wishing Ben all the best at school!

    Hope you are okay now that Irene has passed. *HUGS* :) Heather

    ReplyDelete