Monday, January 18, 2010

things you never hear yourself saying

I went swimming, in a creek, in January, in PA. Go figure.

Day started off nice enough. I took Ben to the park, which he absolutly ASTOUNDED me by pedaling his new bike the whole way there. I steered, but he absolutly pedaled.
Funny, he did not want to wear his helmet. Thankfully dad lets go with " Helmet... so we can be safe". His hero Diego says this, and bam... no argument, just puts on the helmet.
After the park, we decide to take the dog to the dog park. We were all having fun, but because I've become a huge nerve all the time, I start to worry about ben around dogs, and looking them in the eye... whatever. I tell Brent I'm going to take Ben to throw rocks in the water,
I get down a little drop, and can tell it's muddy. I sit ben on a log, and turn for the famous second to pick up a rock to hand him. That quick... and I mean quick, he's taking off for the water. Now... he's 40lbs, and sinks some into the mud.... but he's quickly starting to hit the water. I'm not going to tell you how many times his weight I am, but he's up to his ankles, when I jump after him, and am in mid-thigh mud, I grab for him once..miss... second time I get his hood, which proceeds to unsnap... third time a charm. Well, now I'm wet, muddy, and have pulled a thigh muscle from forward motion being brutally stopped by muck. To top it off, it's a very public area, and I have a women across the creak horrified watching.
Ben is completely unmoved by the situation, instead accentuating the positive. He's sure he's now going to get a shower.
I call to my husband (who's chatting it up on a park bench with some lady) Brent.... we have to go now..... He thinks Ben has had an accident till he rounds the car and sees me wet and muddy from head to toe.... his words... "Oh my".. priceless.

1 comment:

  1. LOL!!!! Ok, not funny but... funny ;) Im so glad noone was serious hurt. just VERY dirty :)

    ReplyDelete