Wednesday, January 13, 2010

when he's busy... we're all busy

Well.... Ben has picked up a new past time. It involves plumbing.
On Saturday, my husband discovered our downstairs bathroom not flushing. Of course the fact that Ben's been enjoying throwing a variety of objects into the toilet and trying to flush them, we weren't overly suprised. This one was tricky though... just the right size to make it down the drain, but get caught in the elbos.
Brent took off the toilet (all those home improvement books at work) and off to the Home Depot. While we're there, we decide our blue paint, hideous border, and ripped up floor could "easily" be replaced during this repair. Of course the fact we decide to do this renovation at 1pm on Saturday, already promising to go to my mothers house for dinner.... what the hell!
Well.... long story short. The bathroom is small, and only Brent could work comfortably (at least that's what I told him).. low and behold by Sunday night... fresh paint, fresh floor,.... just have to get that toilet back on.
Brent's sitting in the middle of our den, with a flashlight peering in the toilets intricite ins/outs.
He asks me to shake the toilet... I do... the seat and lid come down on his fingers. He's still keeping a positive outlook.
Ben steals his flashlight and runs.... Ben comes running back into the room with scissors (how cliche right!). I take them away, yell at Brent for leaving them around, Ben flies past us again with his plastic scissors.
Long story short (I know, too late) Brent whines he really needs his flashlight. I begin looking... nowhere to be found...when suddenly.... I look in the sewer pipe left open by the missing toilet. voila! I then get to reach into the golden pipe and retrieve the light and scissors. Don't you wonder what got away?
The next day driving home, I'm reinforcing that good boys don't throw/flush things in the toilet, and Bens a good boy right!!!!
Well... That evening he stayed away from the toilet, instead jamming 15 Q-Tips down our sink.

Thank God we've been smited with a sick sense of humor. Some how we laugh at it.

No comments:

Post a Comment