Thursday, October 7, 2010

what a suprise!

I recieved a note home from Ben's teacher yesterday thanking me for volunteering to be the room parent....uh..... what was that?
I did volunteer to be the room HELPER.. but if there was the picture of someone who's NON artsy craftsy.. there I would be.
I hate to do things half way, and the little thing like a FT job in a different state give me pause (I'm making that sound more dramatic than neccessary, it's just a 45 minute commute, but still...)
Anyway, I get the idea that no one else volunteered, so I'll do it. Lucky me has the flexability to be able to cruise the internet on Halloween crafts, etc during work.. (shhh don't tell.)
Another little issue I have is asking others for help or contributions. I guess this is a good way to get over it. Tonight is back to school night, so I'll meet the other parents try to gauge their interest and ability to assist, or just send in "stuff"
I guess that also puts me in charge of the holiday gift for the staff. With only 6 kids in the class, and 4 adults to buy for... oye. Just another stress.
I'm done bellyaching. I have huge hopes of hearing how the world truly does revolve around my darling boy tonight, and I'll get to see why there's a light in his eyes everyday the bus comes to pick him up.
J

1 comment:

  1. I have a hard time asking for help too, and always wind up biting off more than I can chew. I think it comes with the territory! Hope your back to school night goes well.

    ReplyDelete