Tuesday, September 28, 2010

then say nothing at all

I had a dental appt last night. I've been going pretty frequently for a variety of issues, and have gotten to know my dentist and his wife, who is the office manager, pretty well.
I always have waited in the parking lot for Brent to pick up Ben on his way home. Last time, Brent and I had an appt together, so Ben went in. He wasn't happy, but it didn't take hime long to get comfortable.
Last night, I told Brent I would bring Ben inside and wait for him there. The dentist asked me to come back, and his wife said she would keep an eye on Ben. I let her know he probably wouldn't respond to her conversation, and she replied "that's alright, I'll talk to him anyway." Great answer!
When I went and sat in the chair, the dentists comment was "I guess you have a long road ahead with him". Now... I found that to be annoying. What should my reply be? Oh yeah.. whoa is me?
Why would he say it? Is that a normal comment? Am I really just an oversensitive b*tch?
Funny thing though... When I was going back to the exam room, the wife said to lock the door. Keep Ben from a grand escape. Well, she must have been on the phone when Brent arrived and knocked, but Ben kept flipping up the mail slot and peeking out at him before going off to play again. how cute is that!

1 comment:

  1. I keep doing that - people say something, and I wonder if it was ok or disrespectful. When does oversensitive turn into paranoid? There must be a line between them, and I think I may cross it occasionally!

    ReplyDelete