Friday, September 24, 2010

things aren't always how they appear

I went to pick Ben up from his SACC program yesterday. I haven't mentioned how much I LOVE it. SACC is the school based child care. I went from paying 800 a month and being FAR from thrilled with the daycare (remember.. that was for 2 1/2 hrs a day) to 224.00 a month! Sweet!
Not to mention, there's a slew of staff and one has taken a personal interest in Ben. When I go to pick him up, he's running around the playground with a permant smile on his face. How refreshing!
With that said, Thursday's I get out of work early. I got to the SACC program and saw Ben laying on a mat, on the stage of the all-purpose room (gym/lunchoom/auditorium)
about 5 other children are standing around him. My thought " Isn't that nice.. look at all those kids taking an interest in Ben.) I walk up to the group when a 7 yr old girl looks at me and says "Finally!"
huh.... Turns out, Ben was getting very frustrated at the wait to go out on the playground and proceed to scream shrilly. The kids had come to see what was going on.
When I took Ben out, we sat on the curb, and I explained how going to Big Boy SACC was a privilege, and he had to behave like a big boy, etc. He did appear to listen intently, but…
Here's to a better day. And now, maybe I can afford that london broil I've had my eyes on...
(just kidding) :)

No comments:

Post a Comment