Tuesday, November 10, 2009

he cried

I have the distinct downfall of being the mother who just wants everybody to be happy. It doesn't work. Life is not all apple pie and roses, and when you try to create that environment, you set your kids up to be miserable. (as well as feel like your having a stroke 16 hours of the day)
I read the best blog yesterday that couldn't have come at a better time. It was on diary of a mom; http://jesswilson.wordpress.com/
It talks about a mom who at the time didn't understand why her child was crying, decided she was just throwing a tantrum,and later, when the autism was diagnosed the horrible guilt she had for disciplining her.
I can't say I've had that experience. I can't think of a time I ever thought Ben needed "discipline". We redirected him, and that always seemed to work. not bragging, he just was an easy kid. Lately he has taken to scratching and pinching us, which we stop him from doing. 1/2 the time he'll say when he's mad "don't pinch me" and if he says that, he won't pinch us... so he knows....
Well, potty training makes Ben cry. He doesn't like to sit there for 10 minutes. I have books, and his flashing toothbrush, etch a sketch, blah blah blah. When he has an accident, and we have to go to where the accident happened, then pull down wet pants, sit on the potty, pull up wet pants and go back to the scene of the accident FIVE times, he cries. I hate it.
My two saving graces was the post yesterday where the child showed the mother she understood the mother was sorry, and forgave her.
Additionally, the potty training steps say "this is not a fun time for the child" let me know, I'm not alone, and kids get thru it and over it.

1 comment:

  1. Hi there friends, its enormous post on the topic of teachingand fully defined,
    keep it up all the time.

    Also visit my blog post; Privacy Policy (arha.org.au)

    ReplyDelete