Monday, November 9, 2009

P-Day

Today is the day! we start potty training. Ben has scads of Yo Gabba Gabba underwear, Diego, Wonder Pets, and a six pack of Titey-Whitey's thrown in for good measure.
Well.... we throw him into a pair of Turtle Tucks.. Do our every 5 minute dry checks, and on the half hour, take him into the bathroom to sit for 10 minutes.
We're 4 minutes into it, and he wants to get up. No shock there. I'm holding him on the potty, trying to explain (haha) and he grabs ahold of the toilet lid. I try to scootch him back onto the potty, when he slips, dragging the toilet lid, and it slams him in the mouth. What a positive way to start the day!!!
He stayed dry the whole morning, which means he's going to pee and shit himself on the bus. I have no doubt, they don't pay those bus drivers enough.
It's Monday, I'm already tired, and after work, I have HELL to go home to. try to make dinner, and keep Ben dry.
The positive is, the other parents say it's not nearly as hard as they expected. Dare I hope?

1 comment:

  1. I love your blog. You make me laugh! I was reading backwards, from recent posts, toward the older ones. By the time I got to this one, I decided, no, she doesn't work outside the house. I mean, how can you, and do potty training, etc? Then I read in this post, "and after work, I have HELL to go home to," and I stopped feeling sorry for myself. Yes, I admit it, I do that, sometimes, tell myself how much easier it would be if I could just grab an extra nap every day (they won't let me do that on my job). YOU won't even let me feel sorry for myself! :)

    ReplyDelete