Thursday, October 29, 2009

Swine!

Anyone else on permanant Swine Flu alert. A couple of weeks ago, whenever Brent and I heard someone cough or sneeze, we'd look at each other and kiddingly say "Swine". Good fun...
Since then, I've heard of 5-6 people who actually have it... now there's a little cynicism in our "Swine" comments....
I've had an appt. at my pediatrician for about a month now to get Ben his regular flu shot on Wednesday. I've continued to call each week, as instructed by my pediatrician, to see when they'll get the H1N1 vaccine.
As tasked, I called again yesterday. Good news, it's in. I asked to have it tacked on to Ben's reg. flu shot for Wed. That's when they inform me, they're out of the reg. flu shot..... insert sound of head exploding... I then ask, if they're out of that, are they going to still have the H1N1 when I get there. They tell me to call 1-2 days before my appt to make sure.
Now I go on to tell them Ben goes to 2 schools. He's at the early learning center in the AM, and goes to daycare in the PM. 2x exposed to children....they still tell me "no sooner appts available." The worst part is, it's this young, pleasant, polite receptionist on the phone, so I can't even work up a good bitch. I hate that!!!
The state of NJ says all it's kids need the flu vaccine prior to Dec something or they can't come back to school. So.... I'll spend the next who knows how long trying to get the vaccinee, and then hoping they honor my appt.
By the way, I do love my pediatrician, so....onward

No comments:

Post a Comment