Monday, October 19, 2009

bang head here

Thank god it's Monday. Words you never want to have to say...

Anyone who lives in the Northeast could tell you it was a nasty weekend. Wet, chilly, cloudy. Yuck! Doesn't give a lot of opportunity to run a 5 month old puppy or a 4 year old sensory seaking preschooler. So.... we tried to make due!

Saturday, I was able to get the canine child out for a walk in the AM. Thank god there was a brief break. Brent didn't think it was a good idea to take Ben. Thought it was too chilly and ben's been fighting "something" for a week now.
When I got back from the walk we went to the Moorestown Mall. Had lunch at the foodcourt and Ben thru a bucks worth of pennies into the fountain. Kept him quiet and happy, so lunch was a positive. afterward, Ben ran (he knows his malls) to the skatepark they have in the mall. It really is pretty cool. They have all kinds of ramps, benches, railings, that the kids ride, hop, and damn near kill themselve on. (Bens just a watcher) They fall down, jump up, and try it again. Age made itself known with Brent and I acknowledging we'd be out of work a month if we took a single fall like them. Ahhhh fleeting youth.
We then went to Boscov's. I am cheap! I wanted to find sweatpants for Ben, and I was willing to spend $5 for them. Impossible you say????? welll you'd be right. We came home with nothing, which I then regretted, because they did have for $10 and they probably were worth it. Oh well.
We took a nap on Sat, for 2 hours. Again age pinched me on the ass because I didn't sleep well Sat night. It was only moments ago I could sleep 10 hours, nap and fall back to sleep with no issue.
Sunday, we went to 2 supermarkets and target. We had let the fridge, freezer, and pantry get down to nothing.... we spent over $300.00 making up for this, and that freaking hurt too.
On the way home Ben was sitting in the backseat. He said (nonverbal child that he is)" We'll go to PJ's and swim in his pool". I LOVE to reward communication, but when it's 45 degrees and the pool is closed.... not much I can do. I took him home, made a pot of lentil soup and cookies. He was still itching for some water, so I let him go in the shower. He took a 20 minute shower, got out, dried off, and conned his father into giving him a bath. (how? I can't get him to take something out of the freezer for dinner?) Well Ben is BIG drinker of bath water. He gets out and decides he doesn't want to wear his diaper..... Brent was letting him play in the play room upstairs....After the 3rd time he peed on the floor in the space of 20 minutes I had to send Brent (who NEVER gets annoyed or short with Ben) (Till the 3rd pee) out to smoke.
Ben still refused to wear his diaper but did pee on the potty.
Bens school will begin potty training in Nov. They have another child they're working with now, so I guess it's one at a time. I let them know we're ready when they are, so they sent home the procedure/process for potty trainng and autistic child. I started putting some of it to work (checks every 5 minutes etc) and we did get 2 more pees on the potty. I love that Ben is obviously proud of himself and recognizes how proud we are of him. He's so in there...
To reward him... what else.... Chuck E Cheese... how I hate that rat!
Glad it's Monday.

If anyone would like me to copy the procedure I have for autistic potty training here, please let me know. I would love to share with someone if they need it. I know I would have no idea if my sons teacher didn't send it home.....

No comments:

Post a Comment