Thursday, November 19, 2009

Firsts

Today will be Ben's first day of outside OT. We have an appointment at the Weisman Center today. Ben will have his initial consultation, and then from here out OT every Thursday at 5:00. We're trying to get speach (which is our #1 concern), but it appears it's a busy little place and we're on a waiting list. The hard part for them to schedule is, we'd like back to back therapy's. Our insurance is fantastic! we get 90 therapy days per year. if to the two therapys are back to back on the same day, it still only counts as one day.
To be able to do this (get out of work 2 hours early) it makes sense I come in two hours early. I had to soft sell this to my boss. She really is very accomodating, and I work at a retirement community in HR. I was able to soft sell this as being available for the 11-7 shift once a week would be good pr for the department.
I HATE GETTING UP EARLY. 5AM is early enough, but the puppy decided he was done sleeping at 4AM. For some ungodly reason, Brent and I want him to sleep in bed with us. half the time he gets off the bed on the floor, so I'm not sure why we don't just put him in our bathroom like we had been. He wakes up and licks my face, and then to top it off.... ate my cell phone. Yup.. there it was... dented, screen cracked, you name it.
Well, my hope for tonight is, this will seem like more fun then work to ben. With his long days at school and daycare I don't want to fry him. OT typically is a "fun" time with various sensory activities etc, so I'll let you know.
Tomorow I have Ben's school conference... which as I mentioned in a previous post his teacher was expecting a baby... got the notice last night she went a month early and delivered yesterday. Good for her she's as sweet as could be. Fortunatley Ben's typically a smooth transitioner so I don't forsee any problems with him and a substitute.
till then.......

No comments:

Post a Comment