Wednesday, December 2, 2009

a question

Here's a question. Have you ever found yourself enjoying the time you spend with your dog more rewarding then the time you spend with your kids. I'm not just including Ben, but the older boys also.
The dog appreciates you for what you do. He wants me to be involved with him, pet him, and never would complain "meatloaf again? He actually wants to make me happy, and at least bothers to fake feeling bad when I'm annoyed with him. Does it make me a bad person to need some form of validation for the daily crap I do!!!!
I'm just begining to feel a sting when Ben ignores every word out of my mouth.
Ben... come here please and get dried off. I know he hears me, and responds when its good for him. HAd I said "Get dressed for Chucky Cheese, you would have thought he was struck by lightning he would have moved so fast....That's probably some of the tough acceptance I go through. Whats on purpose and just plain ignoring me, and what can't be helped?
Why will he respond when the incentive is what he wants, but you'd think he was deaf when he's not interested.
Ben has also lately taken to pinching, slapping, and gave one hell of a bite to me the other night. This mainly takes place when I have him sitting on the potty. He's doing well with it, but never self initiates. I guess when he doesn't have to go, he's iritated, and has begun lashing out.
How does anyone discipline their autistic child? Before, we used to just redirect him, but there's no where to go when he's sitting on the pot. And after a pinch or slap, should I really ignore it and redirect>? Every parents experience... just not knowing.

No comments:

Post a Comment