Tuesday, December 15, 2009

Karma, ying and yang, or Poetic Justice

There are things we are taught as youngsters that stick with us. Traits that are unbecoming.

Pride - I was prideful. It all began Thursday. I polished my furniture, windexed my windows, vacuamed and swept my floors. My house was looking good.... I was full of Pride. I swear I wasn't done putting the dining chairs back when I thought...huh... the dog and Ben are awlfully quiet. Ben was in my jewelry box, and Fletcher had "found" an entire sleeve of ritz crackers that he was eating in the den. When he saw me coming, he took off like a bat out of hell and ran through the living room and dining room trailing pieces behind him. I left the crumbs for 2 days.

Gluttony - I was at a b-day party on Sunday. I had taken a piece of cake and wasn't able to eat it do to Ben being on the move. I asked the hostess for a piece of plastic wrap, and she in turn carved a hunk of cake and wrapped it all up. I was looking forward to a BIG piece now. Got home, set it on the toaster, on the back of my counter. 15 minutes later, came to get Ben's milk and laughingly asked the dog "what are you doing". He turned and gave me a full frontal of a snout smeared with icing..... Damn it!

Pride cam back - Ok, I'm not talking to my husband. When I get mad I clean. If you were to come to my house, you'd assume I'm in a pretty good mood most of the time... heheheh. I scrubbed, scoured and generally cleaned every surface of my house. I bragged to friends and co-workers my house hasn't been this clean since the day I moved in. Yesterday Ben came home from school, dropped off his clothes as he walked and proceeded to pee on the bathroom door, floor, and rug. This is while I'm looking at total desecretion of the toilet paper the dog spent the day tearing up, as well as continuing to eat my faux tile floor. The house is back to normal

I still kissed Ben goodnight, and Fletcher got his nightly treat..... I'm still not talking to my husband....Somebody's got to pay LOL

No comments:

Post a Comment