Monday, November 8, 2010

the good the bad, and the ugly

The Good
I've read several posts this morning of the change in time adversly affecting kids. Who needs another issue?
Ben slipped right into it. He always does. This kid can handle a change with a skip in his step. Last week his schedule was Monday and Wednesday school, and the other days he went back to his daycare he hasn't been to since September. any issues? nope. No problem.
Time change... any issues? nope. He's right on schedule.
Additionally, the last two weeks, there hasn't been an accident or an on purpose. We're constantly hearing the toilet lid lifted, and occasionally he finishes up with a flush... not often, but seriously, who's complaining.
Lastly, Ben has spent the last 6 months falling asleep in our bed, and then being carried upstairs. Nightly he would wake up, and spend the remainder of the night in our bed. Three sunday's ago, I get it in my mind that it's time for him to sleep in his own bed. We explain to him that he's going to stay in his room, blah blah blah... Son of a Bitch if he doesn't just start doing it. Really? It would have been that easy all along? I take him up, give him a bath, get the jamies on, and we do lay in bed with him till he falls out.. but.. If he wakes up, he'll flip on his light (which we only have a 20 watt bulb),. and in his own bed he stays for the night. SWEET!!!!!!
The bad... Ben had his flu shot. Wasn't he one of the two kids who had a local reaction to it. Arm got red, swollen. Poor guy! Seriously...He can't even tell us if it hurts. We knew it itched, but did it hurt? We have no idea. I hate that!!!
The ugly... I spent the weekend running around and doing some serious laundry and cleaning. Brent and I sat in bed last night recounting all we had gotten done, and aside from the sore hips and knees, we felt pretty damn good! I love being able to say we were productive.
Oh yeah, the ugly part was I never showered this weekend, and my hair would have housed several rats, and their friends. Took two conditionings to get the knots out this morning.
One cute note - Brent and I were on the hunt for Thanksgiving decorations. They are ridicuously hard to find. We went to the Christmas Tree Shop, Cracker Barrel, Target, and Wegmans. I guess being thankful is not a profitable thing. While we were at CrackerBarrel there was a display of Willows. They're wooden figurines depicting special moments. Brent showed interest, and was showing me the ones he liked. I was expecting one of a child for Ben, but no... it was a couple holding each other, and another of a couple sitting together on a bench. That sly romantic! You know he got steak for dinner.....

1 comment:

  1. You are so lucky it was that easy to get him back in his own bed! My daughter has the same routine and it took me weeks to put a program in place to transition her back to her bed. We had some success but now she's sick and she will not go back to her bed. 1 step up, 3 steps back.

    ReplyDelete