Thursday, March 4, 2010

It's funny, as I go thru the day, each day, I think of scores of topics to use on this blog. Yet, by the time I'm going thru my blogs, I can't think of a single worthy thing to say. I have several blogs that I check on daily. They always seem so insightful and original... So I'll just give a couple of short takes. not a whole blog, just quick ideas.... My 18 year old told me he took and passed the GED. I found that hard to believe. He was never studious and hasn't been in school for a year and a half. I wasn't so unsure that I flat out called him on it, but I did let him know I was suprised. Out of curiousity for how hare/easy they make the test, I went to a sight that gives several demo questions for th eGED. I failed miserably. Grant it, and this is painful to say, I've been out of school for almost 25 years, but seriously it didn't look remotely familiar. Now I can flat out say b*llsh*t! Ben's birthday is in July. July 8th to be exact. I don't know how I feel about sending him to Kindergarten next year. My 18 year old also has a july birthday, and with him also I thought about waiting the extra year to give him time to mature. I asked a teacher, and she said, he'll be fine send him. So I went against my own caution and signed him up. After I did, she sought me out, and said she too had a summer baby, and if she could do it over agian would have held him back.... I spoke at Ben's last conference of wanting to hold him. It was not a warmly recieved notion. I was basically told that it's not done. My question was, is it not done because no one has ever done it, or is there a law/written rule forbidding it. Well needless to say that don't prohibit you from doing it. You'd have to apeal, but it could happen.
Indecision.. and why does every decision feel like the most important one... decision du jour... nah I'll just have dessertt

1 comment: