Wednesday, April 14, 2010

the dreaded haircut

Well... we have no choice.
This weekend we will do the WORST!!! chore of all in our house. The dreaded haircut. While I was looking at bens hair (a lot of it!) I started dreading it.
It's another of those places where you just feel so different. I hate the other parents staring with utter pity. I can't go PMS'ng or I'm tearing up, and just making it worse. Ugh!
So let's see: Haircuts, Dr's visits, preschool pickup, any public shopping place, restaurants, the park, ahhhh I'll make it simple, outside our four walls. All the times you stand out and you're "different" HATE IT!!
Brent and I even laugh that we are so below the radar type people. Never want to stand out. Go figure!
Every morning when I leave for work, I go thru it with Ben. Those milestones that just don't happen.
"Bye Benjamin!" he glances at me "Bye Benjamin". "No Ben... you're supposed to say bye Mommy" Every morning. Come ON!!!! The same sentence, the same way, every day.... WHEN???
The daily guilt. I'm not spending enough time with him, I'm not working enough with him, I'm not cuddeling him enough... AHHH!!!!
Believe it or not, I'm in a good mood. (Bet you'd love to see me bad!)

No comments:

Post a Comment