Monday, April 12, 2010

when ornry = funny

It was a beautiful weekend in jersey. Many of you out there probably don't believe that's possible... but jersey gets a bad rap.

I'm sure I've mentioned my husbands pond out back, and our dogs LOVE for the pond. Well... this weekend it came to a head.
My husband arrived home friday evening with a car full of chicken wire and metal posts. One peek out the window, and I knew....
Saturday morning arrived, and said posts were laid about the yard. He looked like he was struggling, so I went out to lend a hand. Fortunately we work well together. He had BIG plans on encircling half the yard, I put the ole kabosh on that.
Anywhoo... the hated mother-in-law stopped by to take Ben for lunch. He cried when he heard, my husband walked him out to the curb, put the car seat in, and off he went. I hated to see him go, since he's so unhappy, but he does come home in a fine mood, so... what can I say. an hour and a half per month, whatever.
Back to the yard. in that hour + we were able to get the stakes in, the chicken wire attached, and my husband sat back to enjoy his work.
The whole time this is going on, the dog is whining and whaling in the house. The time to test is here... the door opens... and the dogs starts. he's chewing the bottom of the fence, pulls it up... he's in. Husband gets tent stakes and stakes down the fence.
Dog looks for the weakest link... finds it by the "door" being held closed with eye hooks. A few good rushes, and bam... he's in.
If you could have watched the two of them, I can't tell you the hours of enjoynment it gave me. I think the dogs in his teenage years, and the power struggle was more then I could have imagined.
This fence, pond clean-up, etc was a two day affair, and I'll bet the neighbors had a bit of entertainment themselves.
Great weekend in Jersey.

1 comment:

  1. hahaha hahhaha I wish I could've seen that epic battle! Jersey is gorgeous and people don't know it. Too bad for them.

    ReplyDelete