Friday, December 3, 2010

Everyday Life

Ben just had the 24 hour virus. Interesting how different all kids are.
The school had called that day, wanting me to know Ben had green boogies (tmi?) and seemed tired. Get used to it. I let them know Ben would have green snot from now until spring, and then some. I can't pick him up everytime his nose runs...
When I picked him up from day-care they said he had had a good day, we got home and he was running/jumping/flapping... good times, good times. Now he didn't eat his french fries, but... so what?
That night at 3:45.... bleah! No whining before hand, no crying during, nothing after. Puked and looked at me. There we are, stripping the bed, doing laundry, making the bed, etc. This went on twice more. The kid never complained. I don't get it. I still tear up when I puke (which has been yrs... knock wood)
I conduct trainings twice a month, and the next morning was one of them, so dad stayed home. You know that kids sick when he doesn't open his mouth or move out of the bed. I came home and the whole death warmed over look was going strong.
I got to stay home with him yesterday. After a nice bath, etc he seemed back to par. Except for the whole eating thing. He's lasted on about 90 calories for the last two days.
We did manage to grab a nap yesterday. A sweet 2 1/2 hour nap... Can I tell you at 11pm last night he's jumping on the bed handing me the DAMN Barney video I just had to go and find.... I think my husband was hoping I'd be impaled on the daggers he was shooting at me... but... good times, good times.

No comments:

Post a Comment