Wednesday, December 29, 2010

It's the holiday season...

Happy Holiday's!
I'm just starting to allow myself to decompress. What a busy time its been.
Of course the fact I do it to myself doesn't help, but... I have to be me.
Let's see.
The Saturday before Christmas I baked my Christmas cookies. For all the baking and cooking I do, you'd probably think I enjoy time in the kitchen. WRONG! I hate it. I do it because it's a tradition, they're enjoyed by friends and family, and I have for Ben alone 15 people who care for him on a daily basis. I tin up cookies for all and give a WaWa gift certificate. So.. back to the cookies. I baked about 500. Durint this time, I also shopped for my husbands family gifts, and attempted to clean the house for the Hanukah party I was hosting on Sunday. I decided if Christmas had cookies, Hanukah should have a jewish apple cake, and so I baked one of them too. (crack head). I made my infamous (I should be humble, but it's just that good) matza ball soup. The time was definately interesting. It was the first time in over a year that his mother had been in my house. (see post 10/09/09). I can't stand to look at her. Did this holiday season improve that thought. No. She bought Ben two cheap ass gifts. Now that I don't have issue with. I can see her thinking, "Oh, they invite me to a party where gifts are given, screw them." Valid. no problem. The thing is... I hear her talking to her other two grandchildren, telling them "You know you got your gifts already, so I didn't bring you anything" Huh.... Hanukah had been in the begining of December, so I guess she made sure to get them something, but Ben could kiss her ass. HATE HER!!!!!! Have no use for her!!!! Hopes she finds herself miles away in a foreign country missing a passport.... falalala...lalalala. Back to the season.
Tuesday was Ben's school party. It was the one thing that I truly was stressed over. Isn't that sick? I had myself in knots over treats and activities for 5 children who may or may not be interested. who may or may not understand the fuss. and yet....
I baked cupcakes on monday (that's right... rub in the 3rd day of baking) and did the decorate your own cupcake thing again. Had fruit, juice, etc. The party was scheduled for two hours. (That's a long friggin time!) I arrive at the school loaded down! I'm carrying cupcakes, juice, water, cookies, activities, decorations. I could barely hold it. I pull into the parking lot at 1:02 - I hate being even that late, jump out of the car... and then it happens. Fire Drill. Are you kidding me? Anywho, that was the only fly in the ointment. I finally get to the class (which feels like 6 city blocks away). The kids see me, and to the adults amusement, immediately sit down for snack. Isn't that cute! I must look like the cupcake lady.
My shopping was completed on Tuesday morning and Thursday morning. Wrapping done friday, and Christmas morning was wonderful.
Ben recieved a set of drums. He walked out of our bedroom (yeah, he's back sleeping there again) and stopped dead in his tracks. He opened gifts, and was happy. Along with the drums he got a keyboard. The day was spent playing with toys, and telling us he's "making music"
Hope your days were full of fun, and family.

No comments:

Post a Comment