Friday, September 11, 2009

Back to School

My son went back to school yesterday. This isn't as big a deal for us as it is for many others. I thank god we live in the cherry hill school district! Ben was in school for a six week program over the summer. They provided transporation and he went from 9-1:30 instead of the school years 9-2:30.

Ben had a two week break in the begining of the summer and a two week break at the end, so going back to school is a blip.

I am very lucky. (Don't quote me) Ben has no problem with switching from school, to summer camp, to vacation, and back to school. We talk to him and tell him what's coming. His dad and I know he's listening and processing, because he's never suprised.

When he started at the Learning Center back in March, which he goes to after school, Ben and I visited one day for about 2 1/2 hrs. We intended to go again the next day but we had snow. We had no choice but to send him on Monday from school on the bus. There I was at the learning center, hiding in the office watching the closed circuit TV. He gets off his bus, pretty as you please, and walks right to the classroom we had visited on Thursday. No problems, no issues, just "here I am world"

That makes me lucky.

1 comment:

  1. Great that there are no problems!!! I'm adding your blog to my blog list.

    ReplyDelete