Monday, September 28, 2009

I hate being broke

This was one boring ass weekend!
We're a little tight with cash right now so there was no fun or frivolity this weekend.
Friday Night I cooked frozen Elios' pizza. To add insult to injury, I dropped each sheet of pizza thru the grates and lost the cheese on 95% of it. That left us eating sauce and crust... Brent was chivilourous and said he'd take the bad piece.... I had to ask which one.
Saturday, Brent took my 2009 car for its free oil change. How ya think that worked out. While he was there he mentioned I needed a right turn signal. Too easy. Turns out a squirrel (or something) had chewed the wires in my car and I have NO lights on the right hand side. No brake lights, headlights, etc. This will cost a whopping 240.00 to fix. Not to mention we haven't had a lot of luck elsewhere, because some shops don't have 2009 parts yet,,
Sunday I baked for the holiday tonight (Yom Kippor) I baked an apple cake (which is too pretty to eat) and 8 dozen cookies (don't ask me why) I baked extra cookies so Ben could enjoy some. He picked one up, smelled it, and thru it on the ground. little critic!
Anyone who has little boys may find this story funny, and have full sympathy for my sister-in-law. That was my reaction. I laughed, but feel her pain as if it were my own.
My 11 year old nephew decided for GOD ONLY KNOWS what reason to get black and orange spray paint this weekend and decorate her house and outside fence. She lives in a nice neighborhood, but it's by no means rural. She and her husband had him outside scrubbing for 2 hours and went to buy mineral oil something. She and the father asked him "WHY!" and he truly had no answer. Poor kids. So many things seem like a good idea at the time, and suddenly reality stops by for a visit.
Can't wait to see the art work tonight (dinners at her house!) LOL

No comments:

Post a Comment