Wednesday, September 23, 2009

mid-week

I have a dentist appointment tonight. Nothing like working all day, rushing home, and having that to look forward to. It's an old joke, but why do dentist talk so much? You can't answer them, and you don't want them concentrating on anything but their task at hand. Shut up already!

I'm in a slump. In a slump at work, in a slump at home..... Each day I get up, sure that there are big bags under my eyes from not getting enough sleep (there are no bags), I take the dog out. It's not for a walk, it's for a drag thru the neighborhood. He gets up at 5:50AM and then wants to sniff every leaf. I'm so effected by guilt, that I feel like we got this dog, so I have to spend the time and energy on him. He's going to be penned up all day, so he needs a walk in the AM and some exercise/play in the PM. My husband is the big dummy that wanted the dog, but is he bothered by any of these feelings of guilt? NO.
I drive 1- 1 1/2 hours to work depending on the traffic, work all day, and then beat the traffic home. I feel guilty when Ben is one of the last kids at pre-school, run home.... Ben wants his show on, shoes off, the dog has to pee BAD, I have to pee BAD, and everyone thinks their first. Ben usually wins that battle.
Make the dinner. Bathe, read to,and put Ben to bed. The husband......arghhhhh.
The husband feels I should do all this while I dance on lillies and aim to please him.... ass

The other day, after getting home from walking the dog, and had showered my husband asked me if I had bought his clean clothes up from the basement. I hadn's so I went and got them.
That night while eating dinner, he hands me his plate to re-fill. I ask him why he couldn't get his own clothes or re-fill his own plate. His response:"Are you getting your period again, because we just went thru this..." Cue music........Scream!

1 comment:

  1. I am laughing so hard. Where do I begin? Dancing on lilies? Do you have your period again? Seriously, I can't even believe an adult male would dare say that anymore! :)

    ReplyDelete