Tuesday, September 8, 2009

I'm back. I know nobody has missed me, but I'll say it anyway!

I'm just getting back from a week at the shore, and then the long labor day weekend. It felt sooo good.

I was at the shore with Ben, my mother and grandmother. I seriously couldn't tell you which of those canidates were the highest maintenance.

Ben LOVED the water. It was 74 degrees, and choppy most of the time. He didn't want to hold my hand and kept trying to go out deeper. This impressed many around us, but I would have prefered the more timid child who only wanted to go in up to his ankles. Now that would have been a vacation!

As far as sensory, he was not bothered by the salt water nor sand. They're constantly doing beach restroation. That's probably because of kids like Ben who carry 1/2 the beach home in every body orfice. The tub held enough to sustain several sand crabs, oysters, etc.

A cute story was Ben and I were digging in the sand. He wasn't paying me a lot of attention, so I put my finger out of the sand a bit, and asked him what that? He started staring and said... it's... it's... it's a toe!...

He thought we had dug some miscelianious toe our of the sand. That of course got me hysterical, and I don't think he pinpointed exactly what was so funny, but he did laugh too.

The rides were a lot of fun. I finally let him go on the flying elephants and airplanes alone. He was able to pull the joy stick back and make them go up. Getting to be such a big boy!

The 10 day's off were jam packed. Sunday we went to a pary at my sister-in-laws, where he spent the entire time going off her diving board. Ben's dad was thrilled and excited at how well he did, I again, was the nervous wreck. He made it out without a mark, so GO DAD!!!

Nice to be home

No comments:

Post a Comment